This blog contains the random witterings of me... forgive me, I know not what I do..

Sunday 20 November 2011

Not much room...


I‘ve taken my foot off the gas recently - Imagination at dis-ease; as others are familiar, occasionally ‘stuff’ causes one’s picture of reality to confuse, fail and break-up.
I am reminded that paradigms power one’s perception, and perceptions power emotions. When the mind needs to create, see and feel ‘more’, the picture can blur and a cauldron of emotion and logic can tend to boil over ‘a tad’... So back to the reuptake  inhibitors.

Hence the lack of something to blog...


- Went to see singer/songwriter Martyn Joseph recently; an annual pilgrimage over the last 25 years; but in recent years he’s left me identifying with his song but disappointed or uncertain with my resolutions. As ever, great live music but the honest emotion didn’t help lighten the load.

- Turned 43 recently, that didn’t help lighten the load either.

- The prospect of the overinflated season of ‘want’ that’s approaching, doesn’t help.


Many years ago, relating to a certain lack of support from an academic institution, I casually complained that I felt as though we’d been drop-kicked and left to flounder in an undirected... yadda yadda...
My perspective was turned when it was pointed out that perhaps ‘a dropkick’ can potentially lead to points being scored, a goal, an achievement...  Easily said...

Here’s to being drop-kicked and riding with the curve...
Recent ponderings... the nature of 'motivation' and also ongoing wonderings about the mystery, rhythm and austerity of the 'natural' world...
...oh and fungi!
Images: Bradgate, Beacon HIll, East Goscote

No comments:

Post a Comment