This blog contains the random witterings of me... forgive me, I know not what I do..

Saturday 5 November 2011

Look local first!

After unsuccessfully visiting two larger city cycle shops this morning, I popped into the 'small on the outside, big on the inside' local town shop. I was after a quality chargeable front light for my bike - for commuting daily using unlit country lanes.
It's fine immersing yourself in the supposedly 'this is what you need, 'cos this is want everyone else has' on the interweb, but perhaps 'real' life is more... real, amenable, alive...?

  • The first large Half-auto store I passed; which adversities "For everything to do with bikes..."; didn't have ANY rechargeable lights and what it had was relatively basic and arguably not suitable.
  • The second shop (an old standard of Nottingham origins) was helpful and informative and although they could order some (can't we call) didn't stock ANY rechargeable lights, and again what it had was relatively basic and arguably not suitable.
  • Embarrassingly, my last choice, because I was passing on the way home, (and to be honest I thought it was a big ask for a small shop to stock a large range of accessories) to my surprise had just the thing!

They were welcoming, knowledgable and helpful.
The Serfas 'True 250' is just what I was looking for. 


The spec and the price was just right - and having compared it's credentials further I'm very pleased with it. It was a great to be able to see and try a range of options before I bought.


Thanks Cyclops, I had little faith but next time 'Cyclops Cycles' 
Cyclopscycles.co.uk in Syston will be my first choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment