This blog contains the random witterings of me... forgive me, I know not what I do..

Saturday 24 December 2011

Eat me!! Mini Meat Pies!

Christmas Eve, (Annie's) Mini Meat Pies!

It seems every Christmas I remember from Cornwall included these mini marvels! But take my word for it they don't hang around, soooooo morish - ansome me lover! From what I recall, this is me mum's recipe with a few twists.
- Pastry, whatever you fancy either shortcrust,  flakey or puff (above's with Short and Puff mixed! 'cos we ran out). Sorry, didn't make me own, it's too easy to take of off the shelf.

Easy...
- 1 large finely chopped onion.
- 6-7 mushrooms, finely chopped.
- pack of mince 500g.
Lea and Perrins.
Balsamic Vinegar.
1 Oxo Cube.
1 egg.

(i) with a yummy knob of butter fry onions, mushrooms till browning.
(ii) remove the above to a bowl.
(iii) in same pan fry mince (with a touch of salt and a good grind of pepper) till browning, then add the fried onions and mushrooms.
(iv) add to the pan, a shake and a bit of Lea & Perrins, a shake and bit of Balsamic Vinegar and sprinkle on one Oxo Cube. If too dry add a splash of water.
(v) fry till mixed and cooked.

(vi) Roll out your pastry and cut out appropriately sized circles with top of a glass/cup and place into greased pie/muffin/tart trays.
(vii) Cut out circle lids from same cutter.

(viii) put filling mix onto pies.
(ix) brush the inside edge of the lids with egg and place the tops on the pies.
(x) I use a smaller egg-cup to push down the lids on the pies to ensure the egg 'glues' the edges.
(xi) brush the tops of pies with egg.

Cook for 20mins in a 200deg oven.

Eat! over the coming days, warm or cold. But to be honest they'll be gone in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment