This blog contains the random witterings of me... forgive me, I know not what I do..

Friday 16 September 2011

Don't tell ma Cornish Cousins...

Carrot and mushrooms?! I'll be struck off!! To be honest we usually put Mushrooms in but our oggies but this time we also were short of turnip (or swede to you english) and so carrot it had to be! (carrot with a tad cardamom cumin & honey). Yup, I might as well be Devonian, the relies will not speak t'me for years! It's bad enough that I live in England! Anyway...

Beef skirt, Teddies, Onions, Carrot!? (would ideally be Turnip), Mushrooms...  
Pastry... you choose, should be short crust but them in Redruth do it different to them in Camborne...
Stick it in with a liberal mix of salt and pepper. Egg the seam.
Crimp the 'ugger! 
Ready for the range! 

Happy days! ...tomorrow!


3 comments:

  1. Ah well, at least the honey and cardamon prove they are being something alse altogether other than a CORNISH pasty- so you have my forgiveness at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consumed! And carrot v nice! Sorry swede, it may be carrot from now on! Oh and sorry it was the beer talking, it was cumin seeds not cardamom... cumin and honey on the carrots. Don't skimpy on the seasoning. Niiiiice.

    ReplyDelete