This blog contains the random witterings of me... forgive me, I know not what I do..

Wednesday 31 August 2011

enchanting

When I "sit and watch the birds" or "cycle through the countryside", am I entering an irrelevant hyper-reality?
I have often been curious of the idea of “enchantment” and "joy". Does this run ‘above’ or ‘underneath’ our hour-to-hour "real" lives.
How might the hyper-real affect the idea that "the visa needs paying", "the plumbing needs fixing", "I love my wife", "I'm thankful for this food", "I have been drop-kicked..." etc

If a depression is an out-of-focus reality; a space of low pressure, a space where ideas are unfocused, where things fall apart, where structure collapses...
disillusion,  disappointment, dismay, gloom, misery, melancholy, misery, pain, sadness, sorrow, trouble, unhappiness, woe

Could a high be an over-focused reality; where it all makes sense, an enchantment, a fascination, an enthralling captivation... "joy": a beatitude, bliss, cheer, contentment, delight, ecstasy, elation, euphoria, exhilaration, exuberance, enchantment, good spirits, high spirits, hilarity, hopefulness, jubilation, optimism, pleasure, vivacity...

The happy focused conducted view and the lost expansive wild(?) view...   hummm....

No comments:

Post a Comment